Recall The Republican 8
Very brief answers to some of the questions I’ve been hearing most frequently regarding the recall efforts:
- Why only these 8? And why not the Governor? In WI., an elected official must be in office for 1 year before a recall can be initiated. The 8 Senators (Darling, Grothman, Olsen, Lazich, Hopper, Cowles, Kapanke, & Harsdorf) have been in office for the required time period, but the Governor has not.
- What happens now? The initial paperwork was filed on March 3rd, and the requisite number of signatures must now be collected and filed with the Government Accountability Board within 60 days.
- Do I have to live in one of the 8 districts in order to sign a recall form? Yes. You must live in the district of the Senator you wish to recall and be an eligible voter (note: you do not have to be registered to vote yet).
- How do I know if I reside in one these districts? You can find out who your representatives are here.
- How else can I help? Recall efforts require a tremendous amount of work. A lot of signatures have to be collected in a short amount of time. Head over to this website to find ways to get involved. You can help out with the organization and administrative aspects even if you don’t reside in one of the districts in question.
If I missed something you have a question about, feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer or help point you in the right direction of someone who can help you out!