Breitbart to Wisconsinites: Go To Hell
There weren’t that many people there and there’s not much reporting on this but I thought it was pretty damn funny. Andrew Breitbart was speaking before Sarah Palin came on at the capitol today, and he was so tired of being drowned out by boos that he screamed “GO TO HELL!” four times fast and then snarled before he introduced Palin. And then she proceeded to get bombarded twice as badly.
Walker’s Latest Appointee
Walker appointed Phil Montgomery to chair the Public Service Commission today. The PSC is responsible for regulating public utilities (including electricity, natural gas, and water, among others). PSC’s approval is typically required before utilities can set new rates, issue stocks or bonds, or undertake major construction projects (remember those state power plants Walker wants to sell in a no-bid process?). A few fun facts about Phil:
- ALEC considers Phil "a good friend." He was even Treasurer of their Public Sector Board in 2010.
- He’s probably best known for a bill that eliminated local regulation of cable (and his friends at AT&T were thankful).
- Despite serving on the task force that made recommendations about a state global warming bill, he vehemently opposed it.
- Along with Mike Huebsch, he introduced a bill to end Wisconsin’s ban on new nuclear power plants.
- He’s an advocate of coal. Anything that’s cheap will get the job done for Phil.
Randy Hopper’s Persuasion Partner?
Oh, my. Perfectly named state senator, perfectly named lobbying firm. Republican Sen. Randy Hopper is allegedly no longer residing in the district he represents; instead, he’s shacking up with his 25-year-old mistress, a lobbyist whose firm represents Americans for Prosperity.